Johnson Controls Manufacturing Building
GBA provided a fast-track approach for the design and construction of Johnson Control’s new seat manufacturing plant. To have the facility up and running quickly for the client, the entire project was designed and built within nine months. The facility is located on a 25.5-acre site in Horizons Industrial Park and the building received LEED Silver certification.
The state-of-the-art facility manufactures seats for the Chevrolet Malibu produced at the General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Kansas, as well as for the Ford F-150 produced at Ford Motor Company’s Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Missouri.
- 16,000-SF office and support space
- 154,000-SF manufacturing space
- 28-dock loading area
Sustainable Design Elements:
- Structural load-bearing pre-cast sandwich wall building envelope system
- White TPO roof membrane
- Use of regional materials
- FSC certified lumber
- Low VOC paints and finishes
- Job site recycling program initiated throughout design and construction