Johnson County Gateway Phase 2 Design/Build
GBA was a major participant in the Kansas Department of Transportation’s (KDOT) first-ever major design-build project. The Gateway project included 26 structure projects to help improve this important corridor of I-435, I-35, US-69, K-10 and more.
The GBA Transportation Engineering team was responsible for 15 structures, with design activities spanning a little over a year. Within about three months of notice-to-proceed, GBA’s design teams were responsible for:
- Two early steel packages
- An early bridge widening package
- Two widened and rehab bridge packages
- Two new bridge design packages and preliminary design for two new bridges.
GBA quickly provided these plans and followed the required quality process for this project. Along the way, GBA eliminated bridge girders and found hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings on the bridges and retaining walls.
Transportation Engineering Awards:
- ACI National Infrastructure Award, 2017
- ACI Kansas Chapter Infrastructure Award, 2017
- ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Award, 2017
- Eastern Chapter KSPE Outstanding Engineering Achievement Award, 2017
Kansas Department of Transportation Bureau of Structures & Geotechnical Services
Let’s create something remarkable together
We will bring the complete team to meet your needs and move your project forward. Contact GBA today.Reach Out
Dedicated In-House Affiliates
The power of collaboration
GBA’s team of affiliate companies brings together a powerful combination of expertise and services to streamline your project’s success.MEET OUR AFFILIATES