Confidential Client, New Manufacturing Facility
GBA provided design services for the renovation of an existing 50,000-square-foot precast warehouse building. The project involved a tenant finish and building modifications made to support the installation of new, manufacturing cleanroom PODS in a leased building for use in a clinical-scale gene therapy process.
GBA provided estimating, architectural, mechanical, electrical and fire protection design services, as well as worked closely with the owner to meet tight budget and schedule constraints.
Additionally, GBA provided onsite engineering staff to augment the client’s engineering staff to assist in construction as-built review, punch list management, equipment start-up troubleshooting, change control documentation, P&ID, SOP, and Batch Record generation and process development support.
Ancillary spaces included labs, cold rooms/freezers, thaw area, CRT warehouse, packaging and inspection.
- BSL2 labs in prefabricated cleanroom PODs
- Upgrades to the chilled water and heating hot water system, UPS, generator and new service entrance
- Coordinated with city and state regulators for code compliance
GBA provided services for multiple phases over a three-year duration including:
- ARC Flash Study
- Facility renovations of the office, freezer farm, warehouse, mechanical systems and cold rooms
- Two phases of modular cleanroom PODs housing 12,500 SF of aseptic production
- 1,500- square foot production suite
- Design of a QC, EM and IQ lab
- Facility regulatory documentation and design of file management system