Kansas Avenue Streetscape
GBA provided design services for the streetscape project on Kansas Avenue from Santa Fe Street to Cedar Street. The design of this project incorporated multi-modal transportation for vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.
Along with spot subgrade improvements and a mill and overlay, the project included what is likely the first two-way, buffered cycle track in Kansas.
Safety and accessibility were key factors embedded in the design of this project while maintaining the goal of minimizing impacts on stakeholders during construction.
- 3.5-inch mill and overlay with fiberglass paving mat
- Two-way buffered cycle track
- Sidewalk and curb and gutter replacement
- Bump-outs designed for shorter pedestrian crossings
- Signal improvements
- Decorative lighting installation
- Landscape and hardscape aesthetics
- Storm sewer modifications
- Sanitary sewer improvements
- Irrigation design
- Roadway and cycle track pavement marking and signing
- ADA ramp installation
- Utility coordination
Click to Learn More