GBA partnered with Schier Products to evaluate sites and develop a building that would fit the firm’s needs and budget. GBA’s assistance included continuous cost-estimating to ensure the project remained on budget.
It was essential to Schier (a manufacturer of grease interceptors for commercial kitchens) to incorporate its friendly company culture into the facility design. The company breakroom showcases this effort. Glass overhead doors line the room and open to a wide, wrap-around covered porch, creating an inviting indoor/outdoor gathering space.
The client also wanted a durable building with a simple, industrial aesthetic. GBA incorporated design elements to realize this vision and also took into consideration the company’s future needs: a series of large knockout panels in the expansion wall were designed to open the existing building up to future expansion.
- GBA provided site selection assistance and architecture, interior design and construction administration service
- 52,500-SF tilt-up concrete building (7,830-SF of office with the remaining space serving production and warehouse functions)
- Building designed to expand to 138,000-SF
- Double height in the open office capitalizes on the clerestories to bring in natural light
- Durable, low maintenance materials