Since 1985, GBA’s Code Services team has provided code consulting, permitting, and related services for projects of various scope and size. GBA has issued over 4,700 permits and maintains permits for approximately $200M annually in construction valuation.
GBA has experience consulting in both public and private sectors for commercial, institutional, industrial, educational, and other project types and occupancies. GBA tailors services to meet a client’s specific needs and is accustomed to assisting owners, designers, municipalities, counties, and universities.
GBA employs certified building officials, certified plans examiners, certified building inspectors, licensed engineers, licensed architects, and administrative staff who are well trained in the ICC (International Code Council) codes and NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) codes and standards. GBA has developed and implemented robust and detailed code assessment, plan review, permitting, and inspection processes.
- Administration, code process refinement, file retention
- Code consultation with designers and owners
- Performing plan reviews
- Performing building inspections
- Permit determinations and execution
- Municipal/building code or ordinance review and revision
- Assistance with code adoption